Did you know that the more you give, the more you receive? It’s true!Studies show that giving to others can help improve a bad mood, foster relationships, and reduce your stress levels;
School's Back...Make it a Snap!
Dated: August 30 2020
It’s back-to-school time and this year, with Covid-19 to contend with, there’s so much more to consider. Whether you choose to send your children back to the classroom or home school, this month's blog shares some general tips to ease the family into a school year schedule.
- Start now to re-introduce a school year bedtime; make bedtime slightly earlier and begin gradually waking them earlier.
- Plan and schedule meals and snacks to coincide with the school-day schedule before the school year begins.
- Set up a family calendar centre in your home – a central place to track appointments, activities and assignment deadlines.
- Plan before you shop. Take some time to assess what each child truly needs, so you don’t overspend where it’s not needed. And while you’re at it, take some time to clear out closets of clothes that no longer fit and donate them.
- Re-establish a school routine by having your child practice getting up, getting ready, having breakfast and getting to school. Timing your routine and the transportation to school will ensure fewer late days.
- Begin limiting your child’s TV and device time, so replacing it with homework time is less of a struggle.
Implementing these tips will help eleviate some of the back-to-school angst our kids can feel.
Anxious about returning to school amid Covid-19? SunLIfe is offering a FREE 45-minute webinar: This Year’s Back to School Conversation on September 3rd, 2020 at 2:00 PM ET to help you and your child feel good about going back to school. Reserve your spot today.
Oh, and one final thing; if your child is returning to the classroom, here’s a resource for helping your little ones get used to wearing a mask.
When you're ready to buy, sell or invest in real estate, you need a trusted local expert. Call me today to arrange a personalized consultation and/or a free no-obligation home market analysis.
Buy. Sell. Stay. With You Every Step of the Way.
And remember, if you know someone who would appreciate the level of service I provide, please send me their contact information. I promise to take great care of them!
Born in Cambridge, Ontario, Elaine has lived in Waterloo Region her entire life. She is passionate about helping people, and that passion fuels her dedication to her clients; helping them and YOU wit....
Latest Blog Posts
DID YOU KNOW...?Did you know that by making a few small changes, you can save up to 45% on your energy bills this summer? It’s true! Here’s how.A ceiling fan can save you up to 30%. That